Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Updates, Excuses, and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well I certainly have not been updating consistently, but I am fairly certain this was the longest dry spell this blog will go through. I have several pieces of writing (mostly poems) that I will be posting here in the upcoming weeks, and I am finally brushing off the writing rust and hopping back into the game (of course this happens after I decide to forsake my English Major dreams and decide to pursue Psychology). Since my December updates, life really got hectic, emotions got hectic, and things kind of turned themselves on their heads for a few months. Taking the time to calm down, heal, and prepare to pursue life wholeheartedly again took time right out of writing and posting here. I guess the easiest way to put it is, I lost sight of my romance with life. It is so easy to be caught up with little things, little demands, little implications and allow them to plant doubt, stress, and a sense of overwhelming clutter. Over the past several months, I still loved, but I forgot to romance. That's the fun part of love, the warm feelings inside, and the richness you feel it brings to your life. I suppose I'm not old enough to be able to handle life yet without a sense of fun somewhere in there.
In any case, I am now ready to go, and give this blog some much needed attention :)
~Brittanie V.

No comments:

Post a Comment